- What information we collect and how do we obtain it?
- How do we protect your information?
- How do we use the information we collect?
- Information we share.
- Collection of information by third party sites.
- Disabling / Enabling Cookies.
- How to contact us.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE OBTAIN IT?
We collect personal information relating to you, such as your name, address, phone number and/or e-mail address (“Personal Information”) in the following situations:
Information you provide when you contact us (including by email, phone, SMS, via the website or otherwise), subscribe and use our Free WiFi service when you dine in one of our restaurants, subscribe for e-mail newsletters and update services, order items from us, participate in market research initiatives or promotional events, complete a questionnaire or competition entry form or submit a job application form.
Information collected automatically when you use the Free WiFi service in one of our restaurants: we may collect certain information concerning your use of our Free WiFi service you dine in one of our restaurants in order to produce aggregated and anonymous reports concerning the use of the Free WiFi service. These reports will not personally identify you.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We apply appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access to Personal Information we hold about you. All Personal Information about our customers is stored within a robust secure environment.
Our practice is that no data is ever provided to third parties except in the circumstances described in section 4 below.
Please note that email correspondence with us is in free format text and cannot be encrypted. Accordingly, please do not send any sensitive information such as credit card details or passwords via email. Please also note that perfect security does not exist on the Internet. You’ll know that you’re in a secure area of our website when a “padlock” icon appears on your screen and the “http” portion of our URL address changes to “https.” The “s” stands for “secure.”
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We will only use your Personal Information for the purpose(s) for which you provide it to us including for example to:
- respond to your enquiries, provide you with updates on our services and details of promotional events;
- process orders and payments and arrange delivery of items;
- provide to you the Free WiFi service in our restaurants;
- communicate with you regarding orders, promotions and market research initiatives;
- improve our services;
- update and maintain our records;
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website or our Free WiFi service;
- enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf to make the website more useful to you; and/or process job applications.
- Updates and Promotional offers: unless you have told us that you do not wish to be contacted for this purpose, we send you updates and information on our promotional offers. These may include joint promotions with our business partners. If you no longer want to receive such offers, please notify us by writing to:
Cucina 1884, 2 Ferriby Road, Hessle, HU13 0PG
Or alternatively send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We do not transfer your Personal Information to countries outside the European Union.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
Agents: from time to time we employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf including fulfilling order deliveries, sending customer communications, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, improving our services and providing customer service. They may have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions, but are not permitted to use it for other purposes
- Fraud / Credit Risk: where necessary to prevent fraud or reduce credit risk we may exchange your Personal Information with other companies and organisations.
- Legal reasons: we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, (ii) in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share your information.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTY SITES
Our website may contain links to other websites whose privacy practices may be different to ours. You should check the privacy notices of those third-party sites as we have no control over information that is submitted to or collected by those third-party sites. We are not responsible for the content of these sites, any products or services that may be offered through these sites, or any other use of these sites.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can recognise your computer when a user of your computer returns to a website previously visited by someone using your computer. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number that identifies your computer. Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
There are two broad categories of cookies “first party cookies” and “third party cookies”. First party cookies are cookies that are served directly by the website operator to your computer, and are used only by the website operator to recognise your computer when it revisits that site. Third party cookies are served by a service provider on behalf of the website operator, and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer when it visits other websites. Third party cookies are most commonly used for website analytics or advertising purposes.
When you visit our website, we serve a cookie to your computer. Cookies may be used in the following ways:
- to enable the personalisation features on our website (which give you the ability to recall recently viewed pages and see information which you have input on line); and
- to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our website and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Two types of cookies may be used on our website; “session” cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site and “persistent” cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the setting in your browser. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most Internet browsers will tell you how to change your browser cookie settings, including how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies altogether for further details on how to do this please visit the educational sources and
Please note that if you disable cookies you may not be able to use all the features of our website.
HOW TO CONTACT US
no longer wish to receive promotional offers;
decide that you no longer wish us to hold or use any of your Personal Information;
wish to change the use to which your Personal Information can be put;
want to change the Personal Information we hold about you; and/or
please write to us at:
Cucina 1884 Limited, 2 Ferriby Road, Hessle, HU13 0PG
Or alternatively send an email to: email@example.com